Happy New Year from DAFT!
Here are some important notes that will be going out in our Newsletter January 17th. Please share this information with your contacts in the K-8 community; we'd really like to boost the entries.
- Due Date moved to March 3rd: Thanks for your patience as we streamline the registration process. We should have the entry/payment up and running soon. For those schools who have purchased institutional level memberships, we'll be getting you your voucher-codes soon
- Membership Required for Entering Festival: All entries must be received via a paid DAFT member account (student, adult or institutional level--not our free account). All school-level registrants are eligible in the festival drawing for a Canon DSLR package.
- No Paper, No DVDs: This year, we will be sending back all judges feedback via online PDFs--gathered through computer-entered forms on judging day. We also won't be accepting DVD entries anymore.
- All Entries Eligible for Prize-Drawing for Pro Gear at Festival!
- Category Prizes! We're very pleased to announce that this year's festival will once again award category-specific prizes--the winner receiving prizes! $500 cash prizes for best narrative film and documentary, $250 ProCam gift cards for the other categories.
- Verifying Copyright, School-Appropriate Material and Proofreading: We are asking all entrants to check that the material contains approved music/images/video, is school appropriate and all names are carefully proofread. Click here for our great link of royalty-free music sites.
- Teacher of the Year Nominees by February 1st: If you have a nominee for DAFT's media Teacher of the Year, please send your name and a paragraph or two with your rationale to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judging Day - March 11th! if you are interested in being part of the first round of festival judging on March 11th click here!
- Scholarship Opportunities include...
Comments are closed.