Important reminders for DAFT's Michigan Student Film Festival
The following was also sent in an email to DAFT teachers of previous festivals.
We are quickly approaching the March 4th entry deadline . The festival will once again be at the DIA's fabulous Detroit Film Theatre, Saturday April 29th. Visit us at www.DAFTonline.org for all the latest.
Please forward this email to other teachers in your district, particularly in the K-8 range--we'd really like to encourage more entries from that age group!
- Paid DAFT membership required for entries: Entries must be submitted via a logged-in paid DAFT membership ($35 student, $50 adult or $150 school/institutional level) Single-level membership includes a voucher for one festival entry. Institutional-level receives three vouchers. Click here to become a member.
- Copyright reminder: For consideration for Best of Show level prizes, entries with images/music that contains copyright material must also include documented permission granted from its owners. Here's a great link to royalty-free music.
- New Entry Process: We've streamlined the entry-process so you don't have to type in so much data AND you can just add each entry to your cart and pay via PayPal or check. Just click on the "Shop" button on our home-page to start the process. Payment must be received by March 11th for entries to be considered.
Prizes & Scholarships
- Full scholarships to MPI and Specs Howard (one year)
- Partial scholarship to University of Detroit Mercy ($2,500 annual for four years)
- Canon DSLR Package Drawing for all DAFT institutional level schools ($150 annual which includes 3 festival entry vouchers and single admissions to December media symposia for teachers and students.
- All entries eligible for video gear drawn at the festival
- $250 ProCam gift cards for category prizes including PSA, music video, news, sports, animation
- $500 cash prizes for best narrative film (short excerpt)
- $500 cash prize for best documentary (short or excerpt)
March Judging Opportunities - for DAFT and MIPA
- March 4th MIPA Judging: Roger Smith of Lake Orion HS asked us to pass along this link to assist judging for the Michigan Interscholastic Press Association on March 4th in East Lansing--9 AM-2-ish. It's a great opportunity to network and meet your colleagues from all over the state!
- March 11th DAFT First-Round Judging: First-round judging will occur in Southfield and the Holland-area on Saturday March 11th from 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM. If you are interested in attending or have a former student or media professional friend who would like to join us in one of our judging rooms, please complete this form:
Documents to share with students
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Comments are closed.