Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or PO Box 1443 Royal Oak, MI 48068
Important Festival Notes!
Extended Deadline - March 3, 2017
- Entry form updates underway! Pardon our dust as we streamline the entry form for K-8 and 9-12 level. They should be up and running soon! Meanwhile, we've added a week to the deadline; entries should be received by March 3rd.
- This year's festival includes...
- A free Canon DSLR camera kit for a high school--drawn from all school memberships (link to Membership levels)
- Every entry is eligible for festival drawings of free professional gear
- $250 ProCam gift cards for category winners (PSA, music video, etc.)
- $500 cash prize from the Maple Theatre for best narrative film
- $500 cash prize best documentary--the 2nd annual John Prusak Visionary Award
- Scholarships to film camp at Michigan Youth Arts Festival (May 18-20 at Western Michigan University)
- Partial scholarships to University of Detroit Mercy
- Full one-year scholarship to Specs Howard School of Media Arts
- Full one-year scholarship to the Motion Picture Institute
And more to come!
Get ready for an amazing 2016-17 year with DAFT!
2016 Media Student Symposium on December 9th at MPI
Important DAFT Upcoming Dates!
- Friday, January 27, 2017
Entry Deadline: Poster/Program Design Contest for Michigan Student Film Festival
*$200 grand prize winner, two $50 runner-up prizes.
- Friday, March 3, 2017 (extended 1/16/17)
Entry Deadline: 49th Michigan Student Film Festival
* New this year, entries only accepted from DAFT member schools or paid individual memberships
- Saturday, April 29, 2017
Michigan Student Film Festival at the Detroit Institute of Arts
*Free admission to the public. Best of Show honorees only screened; all entries honored in free program.
- May 18-20, 2017
Film/Video at the 55th Michigan Youth Arts Festival at Western Michigan University
*DAFT clinicians work directly with teacher-approved candidates for 2-3 day intense production and exhibition.
- Summer 2017*
Focal Point – Weeklong Video Camp at Royal Oak High School
*More info soon! Intense 5-day hands-on scripting, production of film. Open to adults and students.