There are no upcoming dates for this event.
Individual or Institutional Members please log in to your account.
Institutional Members should visit their Account Page, after logging in, for discount codes.
MIPA and Non-DAFT Members may create a free membership at the bottom of our Membership page and log in using that.
Open to Media Educators and School Administrators and Media Professionals.
DAFT once again thanks its generous host, Motion Picture Institute in Troy, for hosting an engaging full-day event geared toward media teachers and professionals. In addition to vendors with the latest equipment and technology, networking with the top media teachers in the state.
(subject to minor change)
- 8:30 am to 9:00 am Registration/coffee/donuts
- 9:00 am to 9:15 am Introductions
- 9:15 am to 10:45 am Sessions 1 & 2 (see below)
- 10:45 am to 11:00 am coffee break
- 11:00 am to 12:30 am Session 1 & 2 (see below)
- 12:30 am to 1:15 pm Lunch with networking/vendor presentations
- 1:15 pm to 2:00 pm – Copyright & Clearance - Keynote Speaker
- 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm – Industry Trends from Vendors/Consultants
- All-Day Displays/Information – DAFT FILM FESTIVAL /EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES/WORKSHOPS/CAMPS
Session 1: Careers in Media & Soft-Skills Necessary for Success (Location: Studio)
- Careers in media: High-need areas (animation, etc.)
- Pay scales,
- Expectations for New Employees
- Entry Points,
- Required Education/ Training
- Skill Development during High School
Session 2: Designing Media Projects for Students—and Evaluating Them! (Location: Classroom)
- STEM to STEAM - Curriculum Development and Lesson Planning in a Common Core World
- Evaluating Student Work with Effective Rubrics
- Breaking Down a Lesson into Components